A summary of the results:
- Google Cloud is the lowest price for 3 scenarios; highest price for 7.
- Google Cloud tends to be the lowest price when no SSD is needed and the higest when SSD is required due to the price of adding on a 375 GB local SSD.
- Google Cloud is higher priced on the “per GB RAM” cost for highcpu due to the fact that it includes less than half the memory of AWS and Azure.
- Azure is lowest price for 6 scenarios; highest price for 4.
- With the AWS price changes on December 1, 2016, Azure matches or is lower than AWS for only 7 of the 12 scenarios.
- AWS is the lowest price for 3 scenarios; highest price for 1.
- AWS is most often the middle-priced option if the 3.
- All of these results will depend on the level of Microsoft EA discount for Azure and on what type of RIs, if any, are purchased for AWS.